pfm medical and Unomedical (ConvaTec) - partners from the start
Unomedical (today: ConvaTec) is one of the pioneers of single-use disposable medical products. The company was established in Denmark in 1964 under the name of PharmaPlast DK and was one of the first in the world to use plastic as a material for medical products. After the merger with ConvaTec in 2008 the company is called ConvaTec now too.
Since the establishment of pfm medical in 1971, we have been the exclusive distributor of products by this manufacturer to German hospitals. Our long-standing partnership has led to a number of successful joint developments, e.g. the closed urine-measurement system UnoMeter™ Safeti™ Plus or the Cathy™ suction catheter.
The all-round specialist for modern hospitals
ConvaTec today offers a portfolio that meets a wide range of hospital requirements. The product range covers the following areas among others:
- Anaesthesia/intensive care: oxygen and aerosol therapy, ventilation (suction catheters, closed suction system (Cathy™), endotracheal tubes), urine volume measurement.
- Operating theatre materials: OR-suction devices (OP-Flex®) and connection tubes.
- Urine drainage: urine bags, urinary catheters, closed urine darinage system (A6), urine volume measurement systems (UnoMeter™ Safeti™ Plus) and IAP monitoring system
- Gastroenterology: feeding tubes, duodenal tubes, gastric tubes; all free from DEHP.
- Hospital ward requirements: fixing plasters, secretion bags.