The FEATHER® hockey scalpel is suitable for a number of applications in ophthalmic surgery.
Unsurpassed quality and performance Thanks to its optimised pinpoint precision grinding, the hockey stick-shaped scalpel offers outstanding quality and performance. A double-honing process ensures ultra-sharp cutting edges of superb durability.
- MICRO FEATHER® ophthalmic blades are made from high-quality stainless steel for optimum cutting performance
- Ultra-sharp blade thanks to micro-grinding technology
- Carefully selected material and optimised grinding technology for sharp cutting edges of superb durability
- Standardised production techniques for consistent incision size and minimised risk of tissue damage whilst making the incision
- Radius of blade edge: 1 mm
- Blade thickness: 0.38 mm
- Version: Sterile, with aluminium handle
The blades for MICRO FEATHER® ophthalmic micro scalpels are made from high-quality stainless steel using ultra-precise grinding technology. The optimised grinding technology together with the carefully selected material produces blades with consistent, ultra-sharp cutting edges. The standardised production process ensures a consistent incision size throughout, thus minimising the risk of tissue injury during incision. This makes FEATHER® ophthalmic micro scalpels ideal precision instruments with increased safety for both users and patients. In order to meet the requirements of as many ophthalmic surgeons as possible, MICRO FEATHER® micro scalpels are available with both plastic and aluminium handles. Both scalpel types are gamma-sterilised and ready for use immediately after opening the package.
In order to avoid differences in cutting quality, both types of scalpel use the same range of blades.
The aluminium handles are colour-coded to make it easier to identify the type of blade and the blade angle.
The handle is designed with optimum weight and shape in mind to ensure a safe grip of the instrument.
The scalpel comes in a heat-resistant plastic box. After proper cleaning, the aluminium micro scalpel can be placed in this plastic box for resterilisation in the autoclave and then be reused. Scalpels with plastic handles are single-use only.
FEATHER® Safety Razor Co. Ltd.
3-70, Ohyodo-Minami 3-Chome Kita-Ku
Osaka 531-0075, Japan