Our titanised hernia meshes TiLENE® are hydrophilic with excellent body compatibility providing better patient outcomes. TiLENE® Inguinal can be used with the Lichtenstein technique for inguinal hernia repair. TiLENE® Inguinal-R (right-sided hernia) and TiLENE® Inguinal-L (left-sided hernia) constitute multi-layer mesh implants for the laparoscopic treatment of inguinal hernias. The pore size is 1 mm.
- Titanium’s body compatibility properties transferred to a hernia mesh
- A better quality of life for patients1
- Easy handling and excellent visibility
- Titanised type 1a polypropylene meshes
- Macroporous: pore size of 1 mm
- Lightweight: 16 or 35 g/m²
- Monofilament fabric
- Laser cut atraumatic edges
- EO-sterilised (ethylene oxide), pyrogen-free
Titanisation of mesh implants
Titanium is one of the most biocompatible materials and the preferred alloy used in various surgical applications since 1946.2 In 2002, pfm medical successfully developed the first procedure worldwide that permits the application of titanium to flexible and elastic primary materials, specifically polypropylene meshes.
TiLENE® Inguinal mesh implants are type 1a polypropylene meshes (macroporous, lightweight, and monofilamentous) which are hydrophilic due to titanisation. A hydrophilic mesh implant integrates better into surrounding tissue than a hydrophobic material.
Further information on titanization can be found on our knowledge page.
- Inguinal hernias
90449 Nürnberg, Germany
|6000643||35 g/m²||15 cm x 12 cm||3|
|6000644||35 g/m²||15 cm x 12 cm||3|
|6000648||65 g/m²||10 cm x 4.7 cm||3|
|6000954||35 g/m²||11 cm 5.7 cm||3|