The Dual-Port is an implantable double-chamber port with a port inlay made of titanium and a plastic casing for the simultaneous administration of incompatible medication. This port system also permits the high-pressure application of a contrast medium as part of regular tumour staging.
Excellent plastic-titanium combination The special combination of two materials provide light weight and high safety.
Suitable for high-pressure applications The pressure resistance of the systems allows the application of certain substances with high pressure.
Ergonomic design A flat construction form for easy placement and handling.
Easy identification Palpation of both excellently-palpable port chambers allows for their easy localisation.
Minimal mixing The graduated openings of the catheter lumen ensure that mixing of applied medication is kept to a minimum.
MRT-conditional Reduced artefact formation (up to 3.0T)
Connection mechanism Transparent click-connector for simple and easy connection as well as secure and reliable fixation of catheter and port chamber.
- High pressure-resistant catheter made from biostable, implantation-tested polyurethane (PU)
- Radiopaque catheter
- Vessel-friendly atraumatic catheter tip
- Connectable catheter
- Highly compressed silicone membrane for secure closing of septum and secure holding of puncturing needle
- Well-palpable septum for safe identification of the puncture site
- Latex-, DEHP- and PVC-free
- Pressure stability: up to max. 21 bar/300 psi with maximum flow rate of 5 ml/s
- Length of catheter: 500 mm
- Material of catheter: Polyurethane
- Dimension: 41.0 x 26.0 x 12.7 mm (L x W x H)
- Weight: 9.0 g
- Residual volume per chamber: 0.37 ml
- Septum diameter: each 11.0 mm
- Puncuture frequency (non-coring 19-G needle): 500 per chamber
- Flow rate*: 2 x 22 ml/min.
- Residual volume: 2 x 0.20 ml/10 cm Length of catheter
*19-G-needle, 0.9-%-NaCl solution, Length of catheter 40 cm, Gravitation altitude difference 100 cm
The required flow rate and pressure stability (for the injection of contrast media for CT examinations) can be ensured by using a 19 G (1.1 mm) Huber needle from the Jetcan™ range or with the EZ Huber™ safety infusion cannula (to avoid needlestick injuries). Both product ranges are available from pfm medical.
Test conditions: High-pressure injector with a set maximum pressure of 21 bar/300 psi; flow rate 5 ml/s; connection tube 1.5 m, 60 s; contrast medium Visipaque® 320 at a temperature of 37 to 38°C; with vascular simulation; Jetcan™ (19 G, 25 mm) Huber needle with extension. Instructions for use and port care advice must be strictly adhered to. Data from in-vitro test series are available on request.
- 1 Port with CT marking
- 1 Catheter with atraumatic tip
- 2 Click-connectors
- 1 Rinsing needle
- 1 JetCan™ straight Huber needle (22 G, 25 mm)
- 1 Vein lifter
- 1 purple bracelet for identification of high-pressure port
- 1 Introducer kit (peel-away sheath with dilator, guide wire 700 mm with J-tip, puncture needle)
- 1 Tunnelling needle
- 1 Patient ID-card
- 2 Syringes 10 ml with DualPort Contrast
Separate introducer kit available on request.
9, Allée du Quartz
CH 2300 La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland
|61.602.20.077||3.2 mm||Set||2 x 1.10 mm||9.0 F||PU soft||1|