Port systems made of titanium are being implanted successfully and reliably for many years. The personnel in particular values the safe handling e.g. during the puncture with a suitable Huber needle.
Titanium material of proven quality
High material quality The excellence material ensures a highly reliable usage
Suitable for hi-pressure applications 21 bar (300 psi)
- Catheter made of biostable, implantation-tested polyurethane (PU) or silicone
- Radiopaque, length marked catheter
- Vessel-friendly atraumatic catheter tip
- Click-Connector for safe connection between catheter and port chamber
- Highly compressed silicone membrane for secure closing of septum and stable holding of puncturing needle
- Well-palpable septum for safe identification of thepuncture site
- Latex-, DEHP- and PVC-free
- Maximum flowrate: 5 ml/s
- Catheter length: 750 mm
- Weight: 14 g
- Residual volume chamber: 0.8 ml
- Puncture frequency (non-coing 19-G needle): 1.000
The implantable port systems of pfm medical ag meet the highest international standards for more than 30 years and are used reliably for the long-term medication in the areas of oncology, e.g. with chemotherapies and parenteral nutrition. The material concept of the port offers the user thereby a choice of high-quality plastic port systems, a variation in pure titanium as well as a hybrid version made of plastic and titanium. High pressure ports as well as low profile versions are available in all three materials.
The surgical cut-down technique is feasible with the listed components. Those components are always included in all set configurations.
- 1 port (with CT-marking)
- 1 catheter with atraumatic tip
- 2 radiopaque click-connectors
- 1 rinsing needle
- 1 Huber needle straight (22 G, 25 mm)
- 1 vein lifter
- (1 purple bracelet for identification as contrast port)
- 1 patient passport
The Modified Seldinger Technique is recommended being done with our compatible Standard MST Kit, which consists of a tunneler, a guidewire, an introducer needle as well as a peel-away-sheath.
- Basic Set (see above)
- Guidewire with dispenser
- Echogenic introducer needle
- Peel-away-sheath with dilator
Performing the Modified Seldinger Technique is also possible with our Premium MST Kit which contains of valuable technical features, e.g. an echogenic introducer needle, a peel-away-sheath with either an additional stylet (5 F) or valve (7 F, 9 F) and a nitinol guidewire.
- Basic Set (see above)
- Nitinol guidewire with dispenser
- Echogenic safety introducer needle (5 F)
- Echogenic introducer needle (7 F, 9 F)
- Peel-away-sheath with dilator and additional stylet (5 F)
- Peel-away-sheath with dilator and valve (7 F, 9 F)
9, Allée du Quartz
CH 2300 La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland